Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moving to a new home ....

Not sure how many are still out there hanging with me but I have some news.

I am building a new home.  The blue prints or builders plans were approved last week and should be sent back to the contractor by mid-week.  If the weather holds and we don't get too many late spring or summer storms, I should be able to move in by January; February at the latest.

I will be spending any free time over the next two weeks purging this house of 20+ years of junk so it can go on the market by the end of June. 

Everything in the house will have to go into storage until the new home is ready for move-in.  I have most of the craft room in boxes (40 small boxes so far) and I spent far too much time struggling on what to put in a couple carriers so I can craft if I have time between now and January. 

So far that has filled a 40 qt container with the following:.
~MFT and PTI Multi Pack card stock
~Watercolor and Neenah white papers
~Copic Markers
~Approximately 24 Ink pads (various) including a pad w/ embossing ink
~Tools: Misti, mini ScorPal, papercutter, scissors, heatgun, needle-nose gripper, gridpaper, Big Shot w/ plates (this is in a separate totebag)
~Zig watercolor pens
~White and gold embossing powders
~Mixed color sequins
~18 Stamp sets: 3 floral, 3 cute animal sets, 2 Christmas, 5 sentiment sets, 5 miscellaneous
~adhesives: double-sided tape, Stick-it, Multi-medium, glue dots, demensional tabs, Tombow rolling tape
~Dies: geometric shapes (2), frame dies (6), sentiment dies (2), coordinating dies for selected stamp sets
~Washi tapes (for cards as well as for working techniques)

So if you were going to be displaced for 8 to 9 months and you have only one container or maybe a tote bag or two, what would you take?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole

    Still hanging around LOL!!

    How exciting to be building a new home .. .. everything exactly where you want it!

    Not sure I could cope with packing all my craft stash away though for 8-9 months. A week away and I have to take some stamped images with me to colour!!

    I suppose I would stamp loads of images and pack my ProMarkers into the container first.

    Will you be able to take the craft room furniture with you? You room is currently amazing!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules. Hope you are well.

      Yes everything is coming with me and the new configuration will allow me to add some new storage to the existing pieces. Best of all the window faces north, which is always the best light for art/craft work.

      I'm purging magazines tonight; tearing out pages that have techniques or good layouts.

      Maybe having limited supplies will make it easier to get some card making in while I wait (impatiently) for the house to go up. LOL

      Delete
  2. You just popped into my head this morning so I came over for a visit. I'm hoping your plans are going well and pretty soon now your home will be on the market! I wish you all the best for a quick and successful and profitable sale and a smooth and timely building of your new home! How exciting!! (I'm assuming that you aren't in the area of Texas that got so much rain and flooding for several months. Phew!) It's always wonderful to do a good sort and purge of your crafty goodies when you move your space. Why didn't you design a "Playhouse?" lol! Anyway, sorting is like going shopping when you find things you forgot you had!! The only advice I would give you is not to bring any magazines or those binders (if you're like me) of "to do techniques" that you copied out of magazines for years. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is instantly available online, sometimes even on YouTube, and what you need pops up so quickly. More quickly for me than searching through my old binders and folders ever did! I wish you nothing but the best, Carole!! Stop in and say hi once in a while when you have some time! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took your advice Darnell and tossed out the magazines. I ended up scanning some of the pages, but mostly because I had made notes on them and wanted to have the access. The rest of the items/ideas were either outdated or nolonger appealed to me. It feels good to unload things like that. Now all I have to do is play along with your NBUS Challenges and start working on the rest of my stamping stash. 😀

      Delete