Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lily of the Valley Pup and Kitty

Thought I'd join in over at Less is More where the challenge this week (lucky dip week at that) is:
We want you to use a
RUBBER STAMP
In addition if you could use watercolours that would be wonderful!
 
 
I made this little card using Stampin' Up markers and blender pen on 140lb water color paper.  The stamp is Lily of the Valley and was a great image to color. 
 
 
 
I didn't do much with this one; added a sentiment, a bit of pearls, trimmed it down and mounted it to a card base.  I tried to add some twine, then ribbon, then even a button or two, but in the end I think the cute image is enough. 
 
A bit about whats been happening in my life: It has been a pretty stressful year at work.  We were down to two people doing the work of four and the hours were pretty bad.  I was putting in as much as 120 hours a week, 7 days as week during the busy time of the month.  Well it is finally over, I turned in my resignation last Wednesday and begin my new position on the 23rd.  I'm super happy about leaving corporate life and getting back into the facility side of the business.  I will soon be able to reclaim my life and might even have more time to spend in my craft room again.  YAY!!! 

Thanks for stopping by.
Carole

13 comments:

  1. super cute card, carole!! so happy to see you posting.. have missed your fun creations! I do hope that you get to spend a lot more time in your cute little craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card hunny, if this isn't showcased I shall never enter the challenge again! Great news with the job, and good luck sweetie Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your creativity has any limit at all! This is adorable, beautifully and amazingly colored!! I have to check out the Lily of the Valley place ... and hooray for you for taking care of yourself and leaving such a stressful job. I am worried about the one person left now doing the work of four!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,WOW! What a gorgeous card-and such beautiful watercolouring :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so fabulous Carole, your colouring is amazing ! so pleased you have your work sorted now and have more time to craft:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. carole this is absolutely gorgeous.. i love love love it

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie Carole and so beautifully coloured. Congratulations on reclaiming your life - be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is o so gorgeous and what a coloring. You're totally right, this card doesn't need anything more.

    Hugs,

    Lins

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is the cutest. You did a great card coloring. I would purchase this stamp it is that cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Carole! Your coloring is divine!! Congratulations on being in the SHOWCASE at LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so well done!!!! So impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Follow up from OH Babs: I did purchase this adorable stamp plus one more and I think both will be great for cards for children.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like changing jobs to have more time to craft!! But I cannot imagine working the hours that you worked and being at all functional!!

    This is such a pretty card. The image is charming and you have colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete