Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Felt Flower Thank You



First I would like to say THANK YOU!!! to all the ladies that left me comments on my last card. I'm completely overwhelmed, in a good way, and promise to get back to each of you. I am half way through looking at everyone cards and leaving comments. A huge cyber hug to all!!

So for todays card, this is for todays sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I really love the simple layout; it just invites so many different ideas. This card is somewhat CAS, but two others I plan to make/finish are a bit more loaded down.

My lovely blog friend Jules, over at Always With A Heart, set up a challenge weeks ago to use up scraps (snippets) which most of us have. If you are like me, and Jules, you have a big box of scraps. However, I have even a bigger mess; embellishments. I have been stamping for 15 years, most of that towards cards, but there was a big gap there when I only did scrapbooking. Over the years I've purchased more embellishments that I "Just Had To Have" then I could ever use; and have never used. The felt flowers on this card are just such a purchase. They are from SU! however I really have no clue how old they are and I'll bet I bought them to use for scrapbooking pages. Anyway, I found them a few weeks back in the bottom of one of several boxes filled with embellishments. I pulled them out and kept them front and center in order to use them on something.

Well today was it! When I saw the sketch, I knew this was perfect for these flowers. Yeah!!!

Added bonus with todays card was I managed to use card stock from the scrap bin (if you look closely you'll notice that I wasn't able to get the textured white going in the same direction; not enough in the bin). The white card front is actually attached to plain white as there wasn't enough to do a full card fold. The light pink is SU! lovely Pink Pirouette, the green is Certainly Celery and I think the darker pink might be Rose Romance (retired). I used Kaisercraft pearls (now there is an embellishment that gets tons of use); pink/white twine and miscellaneous buttons. the sentiment is from Verve Stamps.

I might make a few more just like this one to use up the rest of those felt flowers and then put them all in my card bin. This bin is were I put cards that I either make multiples of, or cards that I don't like (they never see camera time). When my friends come over, they dig through the box and take what they want. [Note: Laurie is limited to three cards per visit because she would take them all and leave none for my other friends] LOL!!!

Thank you for stopping by, and as always, thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated.
Carole

5 comments:

  1. I've been playing along with Jules snippet challenge too and its not just the card and paper which we pile up but the little let over bits of the embellishment sheets or those ones we have to have but never use. You have made a great card from your 'snippets'
    x Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. The felt flowers are so special and your design is so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card, I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, your flowers are amazing and look fantastic in the pink tones.
    Fab work,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole

    I missed this one completely!!

    How could I?

    It is gorgeous.

    Love the felt flowers. Might have to try cutting some with my cuttlebug!

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete