Monday, February 21, 2011

Silhouette Birdhouse


This simple little card is for Splitcoast Stampers Ways to Use It #310 challenge which was to use a silhouette stamp (black ink only).

I've had this stamp kicking around for at least a year, if not longer, and this is the first time it has seen ink. I don't even want to take a wild stab at the number of my stamps that have never seen ink, it's a complete shame and waste to boot.

This pretty didn't take long and it allowed me to break into a new Kaisercraft 6x6 paper pack called Secret Bird Society. I used the piece with the softest colors just to make sure the stamp didn't get lost in the background. I used Basic Black Craft on the birdhouse and sentiment so there would be a bit of texture to an otherwise plain layout. I used retired Sage Shadow to compliment the main panel as it matched up better with the lovely sage feathers than Apricot Appeal. The wider layer of Sage is stamped with a feather stamp from Crafty Secrets Bird Notes; which has seen a lot of ink time over the years. Each layer was framed out in basic black to balance out the black silhouette. The simple sentiment is SU!s Teeny Tiny Wishes set which is really awesome for cards like this where a big sentiment is too much, and no sentiment looks incomplete. Last I added some scraps of ribbon from another retired SU! product called Ribbon Originals - District.

So this is it. Really super simple but I like how it turned out.
Thank you for stopping by.
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment