Sunday, February 13, 2011

SCS Challenges - Inspiration and Featured Stamper

It was nice to do some crafting today. After being home so much over the last several weeks due to weather, work was pretty harsh this last week and I wasn't able to do any creating. Long hours had me crawling home and falling straight into bed each night, only to have that blasted alarm go off within minutes (well it seemed like minutes) of my head hitting the pillow. But we should be caught up by Tuesday and back to a normal pace by weeks end.

This first card is for the Sunday Featured Stamper challenge at SCS. I cased this lovely card by Willow. I used SU!'s Shimmery White card stock and two old "In" colors; Marigold Morning and Tangerine Tango and accented with basic black. Not sure who makes the EF but it ripped every piece of paper I tried; I even moistened it, but it still cracked. Oh well, just adds to the creative process. I used both the Marigold and Tangerine on the butterfly by dabbing the edges before stamping. The lovely DP is Basic Grey's Ambrosia. The whole card has a nice shimmer and looks much nicer IRL.




This second card is for the Saturday Inspiration challenge at SCS where the idea is to use the provided pictures, or in this case site, and create a card. This week Stef sent us to a blog site for weddings called Santa Barbara Chic. I admit I spent the better part of last night and well into the early hours of the morning looking at everything and clicking on the links provided. One of the features on this blog are regular posts titled "Shoesday" where the picture is of a very chic pair of shoes. In my youth I was always buying chic shoes, loved my shoes. I'd even go without food to get my hands on a cute pair of shoes...... hmmmm... maybe that is why I was so thin. I may have to take up this obsession again. LOL
Anyway, this post was the inspiration for my card.

I made this card after the FS card so I had plenty of black and shimmery white scraps which makes it qualify for Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge at Always With A Heart. Drop on over to visit Jules, she does some really amazing cards with her scraps.

Both cards are made with SU!s Bliss set. This one is fast becoming my favorite.

Thank you for stopping in.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole

    More stunning makes.

    I love your layout and embossing on the first one. Such gorgeous colours too.

    Loving your second card too .. .. who would have thought you could create such a beautiful card from "snippets" LOL!! Stunning colours and great little butterflies.

    Work sounds quite horrendous for you at the moment. I hope it will start to settle down very soon.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bliss card! Definitely one of my fave saleabration sets! Loving that tangerine and marigold together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your white card with the splash of brilliantly colored butterflies! Then with all of the busy-ness of your butterflies - the layers on "Bliss" are perfect to make it stand out.

    I have some embossing folders that ruin the paper also - it splits and just looks awful. I keep thinking that I will throw them out - but I like the embossed look way too much to get rid of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying your blog, I got the chance to pass along a little surprise to you. Check it out here. I hope you accept as I would LOVE to see a list of your favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are fab!! Love the first one, so elegant!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete