Saturday, December 4, 2010

Two Challenges, One Card




This card covers two challenges; Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 309, and my first ever submission for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge (#130). I was going to make this a three challenge card, which would have included SCS's color challenge, but I couldn't find the correct supplies in order to qualify. I went ahead and used two of the three challenge colors, replacing River Rock with kraft; I think it turned out ok.

For the SCS sketch challenge, I had to flip the placement of the pieces in order to accommodate the stamped image (see below). Not sure if thats allowed, but if not, they will let me know. :D

The Penny Black challenge today was to stamp on anything but white. I tried out a couple different stamps this morning and settled on PB's Xmas Constellation that I've had for a couple years. I first stamped the tree using SU!'s craft white and then embossed with clear. The image seemed a bit flat so I used the Versamark marker to create shadows on the underside of some of the tree lines. I then added Liquid Pearls (ruby red) to the dots already part of the stamped image, and finished it off with Ranger Stickles (star dust) on the stars. I don't think the Stickles show up very well in the photo, but it looks very nice IRL. The sentiment is also Penny Black, though I don't know what set its actually from.

I used Real Red, Old Olive and kraft card stock. The kraft is some unknown manufacturer that I bought up when Recollections was having their close out sales.

The pretty red button is from Basic Grey and the hemp ribbon and twine from Michaels.

Thank you for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW I absolutely adore your card! gorgeous stamp! thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to PBSC....love your gorgeous card carole.......thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...we hope to see you often....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete